During pregnancy, a woman’s body undergoes tremendous changes, some of them uncomfortable. Massage during pregnancy helps relieve many of these discomforts. The goal of pregnancy massage is to help minimize stress, promote relaxation and prepare the muscles for childbirth. Therapy helps ease labor and shorten the duration of labor. In addition, there are specific techniques and movements that are designed to help relieve particular conditions, including: low back pain, swelling of hands and feet, headaches, calf cramps, insomnia, sciatic pain, sinus congestion. After your baby is born, postnatal massage helps return your body to normal quicker, along with the same stress relieving, and relaxation effects.
Natural Therapy Wellness Center has developed a therapeutic massage therapy program specially designed for equestrian riders. Riders have unique muscle requirements especially the leg, hip, abdominal, shoulder and back muscles. Many of these important muscle groups may not be addressed in such detail in a typical massage session. Our nationally certified massage therapists are fully trained to identify and relieve conditions that may affect your ride. The result will be better balance, stronger control and a more relaxed seat.
Runners and Athletes
There are three areas of sports massage that may be utilized by runners and athletes.
An effective training program is based on the regular massage. It’s important that your massage therapist has an understanding of anatomy and kinesiology, combined with an expert knowledge of which muscles are used in running and which are likely candidates for trouble. The overall objective of a massage maintenance program is to help the athlete reach optimal performance through injury-free training.
Pre-event massage is used as a supplement to an athlete’s warm-up to enhance circulation and reduce excess muscle and mental tension prior to competition. It also improves tissue pliability, readying the athlete for top performance.
Post-event massage is geared toward reducing the muscle spasms and metabolic build-up that occur with vigorous exercise. Many sports massage techniques enhance the body’s own recovery process, improving the athlete’s return to training and competition, and reducing the risk of injury.
The key to getting a massage is not to wait until you’re injured or you’ve just run a hard race, like a marathon. MASSAGE SHOULD BE A REGULAR PART OF YOUR TRAINING SCHEDULE. Here are ten great reasons. Regular massage will:
- Break up scar tissue that may have built up in your muscles.
- Improve blood flow to your muscles.
- Loosen muscles that have contracted (shortened) with continued use.
- Allow more oxygen to move into your muscles.
- Improve the flow of lymphatic fluid, which aids in healing.
- Reduce the chance of injury, through proper stretching, race preparation and through deep tissue massage.
- Improve range of motion and muscle flexibility, resulting in improved power and performance.
- Shorten recovery time between workouts.
- Maximize the supply of nutrients and oxygen through increased blood flow.
- Enhance elimination of lactic-acid build up (a by-product of exercise).
Hot Stone Massage
Hot stone massage is a wonderfully relaxing specialty massage using smooth, heated basalt stones. The heated stones are used to massage the body and may be placed on various points to encourage deeper relaxation of the muscles. A hot stone massage provides all of the benefits of Swedish massage with the added benefit of the relaxing heat which releases tensions, warms the body and soothes away stress.
For the ultimate relaxation experience, we offer a ninety minute hot stone treatment. You are started with an application of warmed massage oil applied to your skin and surrounded by heated stones. You are massaged with hot stones while the oil is slowly pulling the tension away from your body. After you are completely massaged, the oil is rubbed off with a soft towel which leaves your skin soft, smooth, and relaxed. This is truly a total relaxation experience.
Bridal Massage Party
For some last minute relaxation before a wedding, what could be better than a party of bride, bridesmaids, sisters, mothers getting together for a massage party? We can do half-hour or hour massages while providing some light refreshments. Out-of-town guests? Consider sending them over for a special treat of relaxation massage, reflexology or therapeutic facial.
Our Cellulite Appearance Reduction Treatment is a combination of deep tissue, lymphactic drainage and circulation massages that are applied by hand and with the use of a G5 massage machine. The cellulite massage works on different levels.
- The cellulite massage improves circulation. This will soften the cellulite areas and release them over time. The kneading and gentle rubbing also soothes the tension in the muscles and improves the blood flow.
- A relaxing or cellulite massage works through targeting the lymphatic system and draining the accumulated fluids often associated with cellulite. It can break up the fatty deposits and expel access water.
- The massage assists the disposal of the toxins that have settled between the tissues. Often the fatty lumps that cause cellulite are due to your body toxins. This detoxification massage will work through these fatty lumps and eventually rid them from your body.